Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 52: Struggling

Despite the fact that I'm on holidays I struggle to find time to blog. Family is more demanding than work, especially when you live abroad and you only see them few times a year, it's a 24hr job!
The good thing is that everyone is very supportive, my mum above all. She always worries about my meals and makes sure we have the right food in the fridge and that I follow the diet and do my daily workout! It's extremely sweet!
It is again that day of the month but it's not as it should be nor as it usually is. I had to take some medication despite all but pain is not even close to what it has always been. And I will never stop thanking Patrick for that!! I had been fighting with that pain for the past 10 years and never found something that could really heal me besides a hot bath (where I usually spend the 1st day) which is not even always available. So a big THANK YOU PATRICK from the bottom of my heart!!!
Also, I finally found time to have some pics taken even though the quality remains low as we all forgot to bring our cameras and had to settle for my iphone!
I got to the conclusion that this country is really not the place to be on a diet. So if you ever come down to Israel make sure to be well fit before hand as you would find yourself fighting a temptation after another....and it would make your vacation (almost) miserable !
What keeps me go on is the compliments I get from family and friends and the fact that I got inside a pair of jeans size 34!!! My weight, however, hasn't shifted at all! Is that normal? I know I built muscles but still... I thought I would lose at least a few kilos......just for the pleasure of stepping on a scale and watch the numbers drop!

I hope everyone is doing great! Almost Friday....
x

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome.

    Weight is a meaningless number. It tells you nothing about your body composition. To have gone through all this and not lost weight is VERY VERY GOOD. It means you've exchanged a bunch of fat for muscle (muscle is 15% heavier than fat). If you have a body made up of lean muscle mass and low fat, you have a sustainable level of fitness that will stay with you for years and years without you having to do anymore diets or strict nutrition programs.

    Do yourself a favor and stop checking your weight altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, so that's what you look like.. Looking good Arianna, keep it up...

    and who goes on holiday with a camera ! weird ! kind of like tanning only 50% of your legs...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete