Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 48: Fighting Temptations

Tel Aviv is well known for its thousands delicious and cosy cafés, fashionable exotic bars, tasteful and welcoming restaurants, all of which accompanied by handsomeness and kindness!
Well, what can I say...it's the place where you don't want to be while on a diet!!!
Food is everywhere and it's sooo inviting! Plus being with my sister these past few days didn't help since she's hungry at all times but then she quickly gets full after she ate and tends to leave her plate half full which is embarassingly annoing! (Today I first had to bare watching her eating an amazing continental breakfast - eggs, croissants, bread, pastries, orange juice, cappuccino, jam, butter.........and then, since she obviously couldn't finish everything by herself, I had to watch all these delicious things being left there uneaten! same thing happened later with a bif fat burger!!! Arghhhhh)
Then, since this wasn't enough, we went to the fruit & veggie market which I love because everything is so fresh and "real"( not like in HK where 100% of the things there are imported from the States and previously frozen!). Avocados are the size of Melons, cucumber are so savoury and sweet, tomatos are just amazingly tasty...and the choice of veggie is huge!!But obviously temptation gets in again! Every two stands there's one which sells freshly squeezed fruit juices (orange, carrot, pomegranade, mango, dates....), every other stands sells ready-to-eat food like the druze pita (pic below)


or other delicious and colorfull stuff!
So these are being very tough days and I haven't let myself go so far, but I'm afraid my good behaviour won't last long......
Starting from tomorrow, and during a week, I won't be able to eat bread or pasta (not that I have been eating it anyways) but only unleavened tasteless bread allowed! Arghh
Happiness found in those few slices of brown bread will be taken away for a whole week!
Meanwhile I enjoyed the last few slices allowed with an avocado-cherry tomatoes-turkey sandwich!
Ok, enough with food!
Jumprope is starting to get to my nerves, especially because it's 40° outside and it makes it much more difficult to keep the endurance for 8x2mins! Plus, ankles are hurting way too much now, which wans't the case before, and it makes it tougher to get to the end without tripping or hurting myself even more!

The 4x1min planks are also killers and being the last sets of the workout doesn't help either!!

I'm soo looking forward to new week hoping for a more flexible diet, easier workout and fat to be once for all eradicated! (i know this won't happen...but I keep my hopes high!)
Good luck to the new comers. It's gonna be LEGEN...wait for it...DARY!

Cheers
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love all those vibrant colors in your pix! Must be real tough staying away from all this yummy goodness, but you can do it !!! Now is not a bad time for Indulgence #2 hey?
    Have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous. You should perhaps plan for another short trip somewhere for after the PCP. then you dont have to feel like you are missing out? Even if it is close by maybe just act like you are on vaca and do touristy things in your own town :)

    ReplyDelete